Wakaflex is a non-lead roof flashing tape suitable for nearly all roof profiles and types including tiles, metal and polycarbonate. Wakaflex is a safe, non-toxic roof sealant and is quick and easy to install with no specialist tools required.
WF2805BL Wakaflex 280mm x 5m Black
WF2805BR Wakaflex 280mm x 5m Brown
WF2805LG Wakaflex 280mm x 5m Lead Grey
WF2805TR Wakaflex 280mm x 5m Terracotta
WF3705BL Wakaflex 370mm x 5m Black
WF3705LG Wakaflex 370mm x 5m Lead Grey
WF3705TR Wakaflex 370mm x 5m Terracotta
WF5605LG Wakaflex 560mm x 5m Lead Grey
Wakaflex – MSDS & Product Safety Information
Wakaflex Installation Guidelines
- NON TOXIC As Wakaflex is a lead-free flashing product, there are no potential hazards for installers and no contamination for run-off water.
- LIGHTWEIGHT Wakaflex roof flashing tape weighs only 4.5kg for a 280mm x 5m roll, making it easy to handle.
- 3 SIZES Wakaflex is available in three widths: 280mm, 370mm and 560mm.
- AVAILABLE IN 4 COLOURS Wakaflex roof flashing is available in Terracotta, Black, Lead Grey and Brown.
- COLOUR MATCHING Wakaflex can be painted to match any tile or metal roof profile once installed.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST ROOFING MATERIALS Can be fitted to new builds, re-roofs, roof repair and can be retro-fitted to cover existing lead flashing.
- BUILT-IN FLASHINGS Wakaflex can be built into brickwork, and step flashed.
- QUICK & EASY TO INSTALL There are no special skills required and Wakaflex can be installed up to 50% quicker than similar flashings. Scissors or a Stanley knife is all that's required to install this self-bonding roof flashing tape.
- SUITABLE FOR RAINWATER HARVESTING SYSTEMS Wakaflex is a non-toxic flexible roof flashing solution suitable for rainwater harvesting. There is no toxic or corrosive run off.
- LASTING PROFILE Wakaflex has an aluminium mesh insert that expands during installation that holds the roof profile.
- FLEXIBILITY Wakaflex is made from Polyisobutylene (PIB) which provides flexibility to form a weather tight seal on extreme roof profiles.
- SEALING STRIPS Wakaflex comes with two Butyl sealing strips so no additional adhesives are required, making this roof flashing simple to install.
- TEMPERATURE STABILITY Wakaflex is stable from -40' C to 100' C in accordance with DIN 52133. This flashing can be laid in hot or cold conditions.
- UV RESISTANT Wakaflex is UV resistant in accordance with DIN 16726, making it durable in New Zealand's harsh climate.
- BACKING STRIP Wakaflex comes with a three-section plastic backing strip, to keep the adhesive side clean until final installation.
- PACKAGING Wakaflex can be supplied individually or in cartons of 4 x 5m rolls to suit requirements.
- LAYING LENGTH Wakaflex does not expand or contract in hot or cold weather, so it can be installed in complete 5m lengths.
- OVER-FLASHING Wakaflex only requires a 30mm lap joint onto itself, saving on waste. The flashing chemically bonds to itself after 20 minutes
- CSIRO TESTED Wakaflex complies with the CSIRO requirements for AS/NZS 2904:1995 'Damp Course Flashing'.
NOTE: WAKAFLEX MUST ALWAYS BE OVER-FLASHED OR CHASED INTO BRICKWORK. MASKING TAPE SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A PROTECTIVE COVER.